Floating Home Insurance
Floating homes or houseboats are, as the name says, floating houses. And just like a house, a floating house should be insured. We want you to have many years of fun and enjoyment with your floating home and therefore we offer an extensive insurance cover which protects you and your boat against different risks on water.
- A house can not accidentally break loose during a storm,
- A house can not sink
Offer OnlineYacht & Boat Insurance
As an insurer with many years of experience in water sports we have been studying the risks for floating houses and offer an extensive customized insurance protection for your floating home with our "EIS-BASIC" cover-packages.
Besides the insurance cover for the house boat at its pier the tender is co-insured within a radius of up to 100sm. Therefore, you have maximal freedom to move, you can discover the environment spaciously or you can make use of the water sports offered. A full household inventory insurance of up to 75 % of the insurance sum is also included in the BASIC cover for floating homes. We have also adapted our BASIC cover for floating homes regarding risks covered. Among other things, vandalism and robbery as well as burglary and just the attempt of such things are co-insured. So that you can enjoy water sports with your tender with a clear conscience the accident insurance is not only valid for your floating home but also for trips with the tender.
Details of the BASIC-cover for floating homes
Co-insured in the liability insurance is as follows:
- The personal legal liability of the skipper and other people authorized to operate the vehicle;
- Possession and use of dinghies with up to 5 PS;
- The legal liability of the persons insured from a damage at a wracked boat caused by an aid measure e.g. a rope connection provided that they are asked to provide assistance for a boat in distress;
- The legal liability for pecuniary damage from claims which occurred during the effective insurance period;
- The legal liability of the person insured from direct or indirect consequences of changes of the physical, chemical or biological nature of a stretch of water including groundwater (water pollution).
Facts of the fully comprehensive insurance
- Insurance cover extends yacht / boat including machinery, equipment, inventory, dinghies, attachments and personal effects;
- Insurance cover is valid on water and on land, including the landing and launching;
- Insurance coverage for transports by road and for the boat trailered by ferry;
- Risks insured: sinking, water ingress, tap water, fire, lightning strike, explosion und implosion, storm, force majeure, burglary, robbery, vandalism;
- Expenses for saving, salvage attempts and, if so, for waste disposal up to the amount of the insurance sum ( in addition to the insurance sum );
- Expenses of the policyholder for the prevention and reduction of a damage up to a limit of 20% of the sum insured;
- Including regatta risk / race risk for sailing yachts during club regattas;
- In the case of a total damage: replacement of the time value (time value insurance);
- In the case of a partial damage: acquisition of 100 % of the repair costs, aquisition of transport cost to the shipyard and the way back;
- Elimination of the deductible in case of theft if the boat or outboard motor are equipped with a GPS / GSM transponder.
Passenger Accident Insurance
- Worldwide cover for the floating home insured and its tender;
- Persons insured are the policyholder (owner), the skipper, crew members, visitors and guests;
- Double disability benefit up to 200,000 € / person from 90% disability.