RIB (rigid inflatable boats) combine a rubber dinghy's ease with a fiberglass boat's stability and buoyancy. With the appropriate engine, these boats can open all doors for fun on the water.
However, you should have an insurance policy for the boat for an untroubled recreational operation. The low weight of RIB boats ensures, for example, relatively high speeds even at common engine types can be a quick reason that you inadvertently overlook an obstacle in the water or get caught by a wave the wrong way.
As a longtime experienced water sports insurer, we are aware of the dangers that may arise from the operation and maintenance of these boats.
Details of the BASIC-Coverage for RIB-Boats
Co-insured in the liability insurance are as follows:
- The personal legal liability of the skipper and persons authorized to handle the watercraft;
- The legal liability from the pulling of water skiers and kite surfers;
- The individual legal liability of water skiers, if and as long as they are in the towing of the watercraft (subsidiary);
- The legal liability of the persons insured from damage at a wracked boat caused by an aif measure, e. g. a rope connection, provided that they are asked to assist a boat in distress;
- The legal liability for pecuniary damage from claims which occurred during the effective insurance period;
- The legal liability of the person insured for direct or indirect consequences of changes of the physical, chemical, or biological nature of a stretch of water, including groundwater (water pollution).
Facts of the fully comprehensive insurance
- Insurance covers the yacht/boat, including machinery, equipment, inventory, dinghies, attachments, and personal effects;
- Insurance cover is valid on water and land, including the landing and launching;
- Insurance cover transports by road and the boat trailered by ferry;
- Risks insured: collision, grounding, stranding, sinking, fire and explosion, vandalism, force majeure, lightning strike, theft;
- Including insurance cover for trailers in the case of fire, explosion, or theft as well as in the case of a total loss due to an accident of force majeure ;
- Expenses for salvaging, salvage attempts, and, if so, waste disposal up to the amount of the sum insured ( in addition to the insurance sum );
- Expenses of the policyholder for the prevention and reduction of damage up to a limit of 20 % of the sum insured;
- Including regatta risk/race risk for sailing yachts during club regattas;
- In the case of total damage: replacement of the time value (time value insurance);
- In the case of partial damage: acquisition of 100 % of the repair costs, acquisition of transport costs to the chipyard and the way back;
- Elimination of the deductible in case of theft if the boat or outboard motor is equipped with a GPS/GSM transponder.
Passenger Accident Insurance
- Worldwide cover for the vehicle insured;
- Persons insured are the policyholder (owner), skipper, and the crew members;
- Double disability benefit up to 200,000 € / person from 90 % disability.