RIB boats (rigid inflatable boats) combine the ease of a rubber dinghy with the stability and buoyancy of a fiberglass boat. With the appropriate engine these boats can open all doors for fun on the water.
However, you should definitely have an insurance policy for the boat for a untroubled recreational operation. The low weight of RIB boats ensures, for example, relatively high speeds even at low engine types can be a quick reason that you unintentionally overlook an obstacle in the water or getting caught by a wave the wrong way and so on.
As a longtime experienced water sports insurer, we are aware of the dangers that may arise from the operation and maintenance of these boats.
Details of the BASIC-Coverage for RIB-Boats
Co-insured in the liability insurance is as follows:
- The personal legal liability of the skipper and persons authorizes to handle the watercraft;
- The legal liability from the punnling of water skiers and kite surfers;
- The personal legal liability of water skiers, if and as long as he/she is in the towing of the watercraft (subsidiary);
- The legal liability of the persons insured from a damage at a wracked boat caused by an aif measure e. g. a rope connection, provided that they are asked to provide assistance for a boat in distress;
- The legal liability for pecuniary damage from claims which occured during the effective insurance period;
- The legal liability of the person insured for direct or indirect consequences of changes of the physical, chemical or biological nature of a stretch of water including grundwater (water pollution).
Facts of the fully comprehensive insurance
- Insurance covers the yacht / boat including machinery, equipment, inventory, dinghies, atttachments and personal effects;
- Insurance cover is valid on water and on land, including the landing and launching;
- Insurance cover for transports by road and for the boat trailered by ferry;
- Risks insured: collision, grounding, stranding, sinking , fire and explosion, vandalism, force majeure, lightning strike, theft;
- Including insurance cover for trailers in the case of fire, explosion, theft as well as in the case of a total loss due to an accident of force majeure ;
- Expenses for salvaging, salvage attempts and, if so, waste disposal up to the amount of the sum insured ( in addition to the insurance sum );
- Expenses of the policy holder for the prevention and reduction of a damage up to a limit of 20 % of the sum insured;
- Including regatta risk / race risk for sailing yachts during club regattas;
- In the case of a total damage: replacement of the time value (time value insurance);
- In the case of a partial damage: aquisition of 100 % of the repair costs, aquisition of transport costs to the chipyard and the way back;
- Elimination of the deductible in case of theft if the boat or outboard motor are equipped with a GPS/GSM transponder.
Passenger Accident Insurance
- Worldwide cover for the vehicle insured;
- Persons insured are the policy holder (owner), skipper and the crew members;
- Double disability benefit up to 200,000 € / person from 90 % disability.